"LETTERING A BLESSING RING"
I like the "ring" theme in this class, and here is a "letter-ring" project for the final lesson of this class. Use all the techniques presented in the previous lessons to create a truly custom, one of a kind handmade gift. A blessing ring is a collection of handmade cards or tags with messages, quotes, promises, scripture or words given to inspire, encourage or gift a recipient.
With your beautiful and fabulous lettering skills you have the power to create this memento for gift giving. You really do!
1) Gather all your supplies: gold paint, pens, ribbons, binding ring, and several #8 manilla tags. If you don't have tags, plain card stock cut to any size with a hole punched will work just fine.
2) Decorate and embellish each "page" front with a large word that signifies your intention or wish to the recipient.
3) On the back of the word tag, letter a quote, phrase or scripture that is relevant to the word. Add journaling around the words to elaborate on the sentiment or message.
4) String the cards on your binding ring and embellish the ring with ribbon, fabric strips, tulle, etc. You can paint your ribbon with sparkle Modpodge to add some extra bling! ( i would love to paint my whole house with sparkle Modpodge!) You can also paint colorful fabric strips with Silks acrylic glaze to add shimmer and shine.
5) What a memorable lettered treasure you can create for someone dear. Have a wondeful time!
...Make a blessing ring with lettered tags or cards...
...bling up some ribbon and fabric strips to add texture to your book...
... paint special or meaningful words on the tag fronts...
...add your quotes or phrases to the back of the tag
and journal a personalized message to the recipient.
Thank you for being such a beautiful blessing to me this year.....
It is with deep gratitude that i thank you for sharing this creative journey with me.
I look forward to more artful adventures with you in 2013.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
I adore you all so much that i decided that there MUST be a BONUS LESSON!
Tune in tomorrow for the
"GOLDEN NUGGETS LESSON"
See you then.